Here you can find answers to some common questions we have asked of us. 

Yes, a 1% tax is assessed on gross income for those that live or work in the village. You or your employer (if you work in corporation limits) can contact the Tax Office at (740) 472-1685. There is someone to assist you everyday from 8:30 – 4:00, with the exception of Wednesdays.

Yes, you may apply for a Building Permit in the Tax Office. For more information, reference village Zoning Regulations elsewhere on this site.

Visit the Utility Office at 221 S. Main Street on the lower level of the Municipal Building M-F from 8am – 4pm, or call (740) 472-1685 to speak to Utility Office personnel.

There is a Security Deposit of $150 for electric service only, $125 for water and sewage only, or $275 for all three utilities. This must be paid in the Utility Office.

Utility Bills are sent out at the end of each month, due the following month by the 21st day to avoid late fees. Bills can be paid at Citizens National Bank, Wesbanco Woodsfield, or the Utility Office during operating hours. Payments can also be deposited into the drop box at the Police Entrance to the Municipal Building.

The Monroe Memorial Pool opens each year in close proximity to Memorial Day, and closed in mid-August. Annual Passes are available. Hours of operation are M-Sat Noon – 5pm and Sunday 1-5 pm. Moonlight swims for $3 (no passes accepted) are held each Thursday from 7-10 pm during the season. Refer to the Parks & Recreation Department within this site for more information.

Council meetings are normally held the first and third Monday of each month at 6:30 pm.  Persons needing to speak to Council as a whole, can call (740) 472-0418 by Friday morning of the week prior to ask to be put on the Agenda of the next meeting. There is a limit of 5 minutes to speak, due to the large volume of matters that Council must address. If a more detailed meeting is necessary, please reach out to a Council member. Contact information for council members is listed on this site under “Administration”.

Contributions to specific departments, for specific items or projects, or to the village as a whole can be made with the Fiscal Officer.  Please note the intent of the contribution on your check. A receipt can be given to you for tax purposes.

In any life-threatening Emergency CALL 9-1-1. To report an incident of non-emergency nature, you may dial the Sheriff’s Office at (740) 472-1612 and the Woodsfield Police will be dispatched if you are located within the village. To leave a message for a village officer or to inquire about an accident report call (740) 472-5771.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window